The Credit/No Credit (CR/NC) is an option for graduate students seeking to take a course outside of their degree or certificate program. No course graded CR/NC will count toward the satisfaction of any graduate degree or certificate requirement. This includes, but is not limited to, courses taken to fulfill the Research Skills and Responsible Scholarship for doctoral students. It is the student's responsibility to check with the department about the appropriateness of CR/NC.
If a student elects to take the CR/NC option, they must make this election during the CR/NC time frame, which can be found in the Registrar's current Academic Calendar». This period typically begins after the last day to add a class and extends for approximately two weeks. This process must be initiated in the COGA office.
Please note these additional restrictions on the use of Credit/No Credit option:
- Students can elect only one class per semester as CR/NC.
- Graduate students must earn a grade of “C” or above in order to receive credit. A grade of “C-” will not count for credit.
- Courses graded CR or NC will not count toward your GPA.
- Students must be enrolled in the course prior to electing for CR/NC.
- If the student wishes to void the selection of CR/NC, this must be completed within the CR/NC period by returning with the CR/NC receipt to the COGA office.
- Under no circumstances can CR/NC be changed after the CR/NC period.