This checklist is intended to guide students in the final stages of degree completion. To be considered a degree candidate in any given semester, all degree requirements must be fulfilled and required documentation submitted no later than the University-wide Application for Graduation deadline.
The University has also established an early degree completion deadline that some students may wish to take advantage of. If a student meets all departmental and University requirements by this deadline, and was enrolled during the previous semester, he or she is not required to enroll for the current semester. This deadline falls approximately two weeks after the start of the Fall and Spring semesters, one week after the start of the Summer session.
To qualify for a Summer 2015 degree, all of the following requirements must be completed by the Summer 2015 Graduate Application for Graduation Deadline, Thursday, July 30.
⇒Apply for Graduation (AFG)
⇒Electronic Dissertation Submission
- Submit the PDF version of your dissertation to the UMI/Proquest submission site».
- Comply with dissertation formatting guidelines» when preparing the submission.
- Your submission will be verified by COGA. COGA does not submit the final approval of your work to UMI/ProQuest until after the degree certification process is complete. Your work will not be available through UMI/ProQuest until that time.
- Doctoral students should complete two surveys»: 1) KU’s Doctoral Completion Survey (DCS) and 2) the national-level Survey of Earned Doctorates (SED).
- Certificate of Survey Completion should be submitted via email to email@example.com
⇒Title page and Acceptance page
- Title page requires a majority of committee members’ signatures.
- Acceptance page requires only committee chairperson’s signature.
- These pages must comply with the formatting guidelines. Please see the templates» for additional guidance.
- Scan and submit signed pages via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Original/paper copies are not required.
⇒ETD Release Form
- Please review and sign the form. There is also a separate Creative Writing ETD Release Form for students completing this program of study. COGA will provide the School/College signatures at the bottom of page one.
- If you need to place an embargo on your dissertation, you must also obtain your Department Graduate Director’s original signature on the bottom of page two.
- Scan and submit both pages of signed document via email to email@example.com. An original or paper copy is not required.
⇒Consult with your department/advisor
- Confirm that all academic requirements for the degree have been met, and that they have submitted your final exam/defense outcome online (PTD form).
⇒Fees paid to UMI/Proquest (optional)
- There is an optional copyright fee. You may also order bound copies for an additional cost.