Grad Ed Toolkit
COGA Workshops - Please click on the links below to access presentation materials from COGA's past workshops for department staff. If you would like to attend a future workshop, please RSVP to email@example.com.
- October 4th (2-3 pm, English Room, KS Union) – Comp and Final Exams
- November 4th (1-2 pm, English Room, KS Union) - Helping Your Students Through the Graduation Process
- January 14th (1 - 2 pm, English Room, KS Union) - Helping Your Students With Enrollment Changes
- February 7th (1-2 pm, Pine Room, KS Union) - Understanding the Petition Process
- March 4th (3:30 - 4:30, Alderson, KS Union) - Helping Your Students Through the Graduation Process
- April 7th (2 - 3 pm, Pine Room, KS Union) - Tracking Student Progress To Degree (and Beyond)
Meetings of Directors of Graduate Study
- April 29, Presentation on Graduate Handbook Template
Good Practices Guide (University of Washington) is an outline of good practices in faculty and student relationships prepared by The Graduate school at the University of Washington. The document offers advice on professionalism and ethics, teaching, mentoring, and the roles of students and faculty in each of these domains.
Promising Practices is a succinct list of successful mentoring practices from the Council of Graduate Schools' PhD Completion Project. We will use this report as a guide to provide resources targeted to the following areas:
Graduate Student Orientation Programs - coming soon!
Graduate Student Handbooks - coming soon!
Tracking Student Progress
Example: Student Progress To Degree
Template: Student Progress to Degree
Template: Student Contact Log
Mentoring and Advising
Resource: Mentoring Agreement
Portfolio, Thesis & Dissertation - coming soon!
Professional Development & Careers
Template: Alumni Tracking
Example: KU Slavic Languages and Literatures (Alternative Careers under Professionalization tab)