** CALL FOR NOMINATIONS **
Nominations are now being sought to fill upcoming faculty vacancies on the College Academic Council, the College's standing committees and College members of the University Core Curriculum Committee. Elections are for terms which will begin Fall 2014. All tenured or tenure-track faculty are eligible to vote.
See the following links to provide information about the vacancies and the process:
- Nomination form
- Continuing committee members
- Committee descriptions & number of open seats
- Faculty members who are ineligible for election due to current or recent service
- CLAS Divisions for purposes of elections
- College Bylaws
Nomination forms are due to Anne Sawyer (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Tuesday, April 22, 2014.
Matters relating to regulations, procedures, policies and requirements for students, faculty and academics in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences are considered and acted upon by the executive governing bodies – College Assembly and the College Academic Council – and five standing committees.
The College Assembly is the chief governing body of the College, and the College Academic Council acts on behalf of the Assembly. The Standing Committees review and recommend action or policies in specific areas to the College Academic Council. Follow the links below for more information regarding committee members, minutes and subcommittees.
Executive Governing Bodies
Membership» of the College Assembly comprises all tenured and tenure-track faculty in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, plus emeritus faculty and elected undergraduate and graduate students.
Membership» of CAC comprises elected faculty, graduate and undergraduate students, and representatives of departmental chairs, program directors and unclassified staff.
Standing Committees of the College Assembly
- Committee on Undergraduate Studies & Advising (CUSA)
- Committee on Graduate Studies (CGS)
- College Committee on Appointments, Promotion & Tenure (CCAPT)
- Committee on Sabbatical Leaves (CSL)
- Committee on the Evaluation of Chairs & Directors (CECD)
Membership on the Standing Committees is determined by faculty and student elections» during the spring of each year.