College Committee on Appointments, Promotion & Tenure (CCAPT)
College Dean convenes the CCAPT; chair is elected at first meeting.
Admin Support: Anne Sawyer, (785) 864-3540, firstname.lastname@example.org
According to the Bylaws of the College Assembly » (Article VII.B.3), the College Committee on Appointments, Promotions and Tenure (CCAPT) shall:
a. Consider all recommendations for advancement in academic rank and granting of continuous tenure for members of the College Faculty. The recommendations along with those of the Dean shall be reported to the University Committee on Promotions and Tenure and shall remain otherwise confidential.
b. Address itself to matters of policy pertaining to faculty rank and status and report its recommendations to the Dean.
c. Advise the Dean on recommendations for all initial appointments at the professor or associate professor level, and other appointments conferring tenure.
Policies & Procedures
Promotion & Tenure (P&T)
- Information Regarding Promotion & Tenure for 2012-2013
- CLAS Policy Statement On Promotion and Tenure »
- Provost's website (includes instructions, forms, guidelines, etc.): http://www.provost.ku.edu/areas/faculty/evaluation/pt.shtm »
Progress Toward Tenure Review (PTTR)
- Guidelines for Faculty on Progress Toward Tenure Review for CLAS »
- Provost's website (includes instructions, forms, guidelines, etc.): http://www.provost.ku.edu/areas/faculty/evaluation/pttr.shtml »
Information on P&T and PTTR may be found in the Faculty Senate Rules & Regulations:
Promotion & Tenure
1. P&T forms and evaluation forms must be sent via email to email@example.com no later than 12:00 noon on Monday, October 15, 2012.
2. Candidate response to Negative Evaluation due in Dean’s Office by 5:00 PM on Monday, October 22.
Progress Toward Tenure Review
PTTR forms and evaluation forms must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 PM on Friday, February 1, 2013.